Saturday, January 18, 2014

Oh no no.  Let me tell you about THE INSANE workout I had last night.  So my friend and I went to the Y in South Tampa (for those that don't know, that's where all the rich people are. I am by no means one of those people).  The facility, and the surrounding area, is very nice.  For those that know the Y system, certain instructors move from location to location on certain days.  So, if you like that class, and you wanna go on Friday, you have to go to where they are.  Get it?  So yeah.  We went there.  

I've taken this class before.  I know the drill.  I can handle it.  Huh.  Yeah.  So I thought.  He announces at the beginning that the first half hour will be Body Combat (what we went there for) and the second half hour was something else.  No idea.  But home-girl and I decided to stay since we had planned to stay for an hour, seeing as the class had always been an hour long before.  (by the way, that first half hour was more intense that usual)

WHY???  WHY FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS DEEP FRIED AND SMOTHERED IN CHOCOLATE DID WE STAY FOR THAT INSANITY????  Turns out it some sort Pilates thing that incorporated resistance bands and weights. Pilates? WHAT???  Have I told you how I feel about Pilates??  Pilates is the devil.  It is God's punishment to this world for being so damn vain.  I can't move like that!  I can't hold my legs out like that?  What the hell is wrong with you people?  It was half an hour of craziness and torture!  And I MOTHER FLIPPING FINISHED IT!  Damn right I finished that biznatch. My friend was super excited.  She was like, "We're GONNA come back to this one.  OMG, our bodies are gonna be so ready for the summer.  Do you have any idea how good we're gonna look?  And for when we graduate???  We'll be able to stand for HOURS and not feel it."  And for all those reasons.... I'm gonna endure that torture every week.  

I am so sore right now, it hurts to laugh.  And on top of that, I've got a cold.  My knee is swollen, and my back feels like stiffened bubble wrap.  And I'm going back.  I'm gonna hate every minute of it too.

Hopefully, I'll feel well enough after work to buy some groceries. Ugh.

I'm food's psycho ex-girlfriend.  And tonight...hold on, wait a minute...just who THE HELL is that walking with MY MAN???

No comments:

Post a Comment